Advertisers get new clients or sales through the Adwords program. Google gets money to serve those ads. And you get money when people click on them. How do you spell cha-ching?
- Google Ads are less intrusive, so they don't annoy people
- The content is RELATIVE, and therefore has more impact
- People trust Google Ads because people trust Google
- The payment model is generous and reliable
- It's possible to make a healthy living from Google Ads
- 1. You have 100,000 ad impressions (views)
2. You have a CTR (click through rate) of 1%, which is standard
3. 1% of 100,000 = 1000
4. If the CPC (cost per click) of the ad is $0.01, you make $10
5. If the CPC (cost per click) of the ad is $1.00, you make $1000
- Use SEO (Search Engine Optimization) writing to maximize the keywords in your content.
- Write more. The more you write about your subject, the more keywords you have for Google to search and feed ads to.
- Write often. More content is everything, and the fresher the better.
- Post useful, accurate content. When you post garbage filled with keywords it is difficult to read and doesn't bring people back. You want your site to be sticky, so that it generates traffic.
- Find a niche. Talking about football is all well and good, but thousands of people are doing it. But movie soundtrack collections, that's another story.
- Don't create too much bad traffic. It's easier than you'd think to create a lot of traffic, but if it's not qualified, which means there to read your content, then it will be a flash in the pan. It also affects your CTR.
- Make use of Google Analytics. Google gives you the tools, for free, to make a profit.
- Think differently. Don't just write the same old boring content that everyone else is. Have a new take on Mad Men? Got a better angle on knitting? PlentyofFish.com, earns over $300,000 every month! But it's not just given away. You have to earn it. Now go, be successful.