The symptoms of type 2 diabetes are :
Nausea and vomiting.
Easily tired (weak).
Numbness in the feet and hands.
Infections of the skin, urinary tract or vagina.
Same as type 1, the genetic and environmental factors are thought to cause. Obesity and lack of physical activity is also often attributed as the main cause, although not all patients with type 2 diabetes are obese.
Risk FactorAs for some of the factors that lead a person to develop type 2 diabetes are:
- Weight. The more 'fat' tissue, the body's cells resist insulin function.
- Rarely move. Physical activity is good for weight control and helps change glucose into energy.
- Age factor. In times, it is generally a person's body will lose muscle mass and gaining weight.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome, which is characterized by irregular menstrual schedule, hair grows quickly, obesity.
- High blood pressure (above 140/90mm Hg).
- Cholesterol levels are normal tidal.
- High triglyceride levels (above 250 mg / dL).
There are several tests that can be performed separately diagnose type 2 diabetes, among others, Fasting Plasma Glucose Test (FPG), Glycated Hemoglobin Test or Casual Plasma Glucose Test.
As a precaution, especially for people who are obese, compulsory physical exercise and diet (for weight loss), the use of drugs (eg, metformin), and stop smoking. Smoking would be bad for the heart and exacerbate the risk of diabetes (both type 1 diabetes, and type 2 diabetes).